Privacy statement according to the GDPR
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously, even during a visit to our website. Your data is protected as stipulated by the legal provisions, in particular the GDPR and the BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act). In the following you will find information on what data is collected dur-ing your visit to our website and how it is used.
Thank you for your interest in our organisation! Data protection is very important to us. It is possible to use our website without disclosing any personal data. However, if a person would like to make use of particular services we offer over our website, it may become necessary to process personal data. If it becomes necessary to process personal data and there is no statutory basis for this processing, we generally request consent from the person concerned.
Personal data, e.g. the name, address, e-mail address or phone number of a person concerned, is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the country-specific data protection acts relevant to us. With this privacy statement, we would like to inform the public of the type, extent and purpose of the personal data collected, used and processed by us. It will furthermore inform persons concerned on their rights pertaining to data privacy.
We as the party responsible for data processing have implemented multiple technical and organisa-tional measures in order to ensure that the personal data processed via this internet site is protected as comprehensively as possible. However, internet-based data transfers can be subject to security holes, meaning an absolute guarantee of data protection cannot be given. For this reason, every per-son concerned is free to provide us with personal data via alternative methods, for example over the telephone or by post.
1. Name and contact information of the party responsible for data processing
This data protection notice applies to data processing by the following parties responsible according to Article 4 (7) of the GDPR:
Frauen helfen Frauen e.V.
D-51465 Bergisch Gladbach
Tel. +49 (0)2202 45112 Fax +49 (0)2202 242511
Our data protection officers can be contacted under:
legitimis group GmbH
Dellbrücker Straße 116
D-51469 Bergisch Gladbach
Contact person: Dipl.-Jur. Johannes Rupprich
Compliance | Data Protection
2. Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you access our website, the browser on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is col-lected and saved until its automatic deletion:
- IP address of the device sending the request,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file accessed,
- Web page from which our website is accessed (referrer URL),
- Browser used and possibly the operating system of your device as well as the name of your access provider.
The above-listed data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- To guarantee the website can seamlessly establish a connection,
- To guarantee convenient use of our website,
- To evaluate the system security and stability,
- Other administrative purposes.
The statutory basis for data processing is Article 6 (1) page 1 (f) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest entails data collection for the above-listed reasons. We will never use the collected data to attempt to identify you in any way.
b) When using our contact form or sending an e-mail
You can contact us with any questions you may have via a contact form on our website or e-mail. You will have to enter a valid e-mail address into the contact form so we know who has asked the ques-tion and are able to respond. Other information is optional. Please remember that, in sending an e-mail, data is transferred via the internet and may therefore be intercepted by unauthorised persons or even falsified.
Data is processed for purposes of contacting us on the basis of your freely given consent as per Arti-cle 6 (1) page 1 (a) of the GDPR.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form is automatically deleted, or its pro-cessing restricted by us (if it is subject to statutory storage obligations), after your inquiry has been resolved.
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, where we inform our readers about current news and offers. The goods and services advertised are named in the declaration of consent.
We use, among other things, a double opt-in process for subscription to our newsletter. This means we send an e-mail to your given e-mail address after you subscribe, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription, your information is locked and automatically deleted after a month. We also save the IP addresses used and the times of subscription and confirmation. The purpose of this process is to verify your subscription and resolve a possible misuse of your personal data if necessary.
You can also subscribe to our newsletter by sending us an e-mail and posting a request of admission.
The only obligatory information to subscribe to our newsletter is your e-mail address. After you con-firm your subscription, we save your e-mail address in order to send you the newsletter. The statuto-ry basis is Article 6 (1) page 1 (a) of the GDPR.
You can rescind your consent and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can rescind con-sent by clicking the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, via this web form, or via e-mail or mes-sage to the contact details given in the masthead.
d) Online consulting (anonymous)
All girls and women have secure and uninhibited access to our online consulting centre under https://frauenhelfenfrauen-gl.beranet.info. Here, anonymous questions can be asked regardless of office hours.
The consultation is provided by women for women and is free of charge and confidential. The con-sulting centre is politically and denominationally independent. Your IP address and personal data are not saved. Therefore, no activity can be traced back to you. Before finalising the registration, your consent is required and you are directed to this privacy statement. The statutory basis is Arti-cle 6 (1) page 1 (a) of the GDPR.
You can find further information in the data protection information under
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data is not disclosed to third parties for purposes other than those described in the following, outside of previously-arranged job processing.
We disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your explicit consent as per Article 6 (1) page 1 (a) of the GDPR,
- The disclosure is necessary for the assertion, enforcement or protection of legal rights and there is no reason to assume an outweighing interest in non-disclosure worthy of protection on the part of the person concerned,
- In case of a legal obligation for disclosure according to Article 6 (1) page 1 (c) of the GDPR and
- If this is legally permissible and necessary for settlement of the contract with you according to Article 6 (1) page 1 (b).
Information that results in connection with the specific device used is stored in the cookie. This does not mean that it provides us with direct information on your identity.
We also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored for a defined length of time on your device. If you visit our website again to make use of our services, we automatically rec-ognise that you have visited the site before, as well as which inputs and settings you made so that you do not have to enter them again.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that cook-ies are not stored, or that a notice pops up before a new cookie is created. Completely deactivating cookies may however mean you are no longer able to use all the functions of our website.
You can find further information on cookies under
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Included in these are session cookies. These save a session ID with which various browser requests can be assigned to the joint session. In this way, your device can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time that differs from cookie to cook-ie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes, e.g. to reject third-party cookies or all cookies. This may lead to you being unable to use all the functions of our website.
e) The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legit-imate interests as well as those of third parties according to Article 6 (1) page 1 (a) of the GDPR.
5. Analysis tools/tracking tools
We do not currently use any analysis tools/tracking tools on our website.
6. Social Media Plugins
We do not currently use any social media plug-ins on our website.
We are using maps by OpenStreetMaps (OSM), which are based upon the licence of the Open Data Commons Open Database (ODbL) and are provided by the OpenStreetMap Foundation (OSMF).
Our homepage uses maps by https://www.openstreetmap.de , which are distributed by FOSSGIS e.V., Römerweg 5, 79199 Kirchzarten.
To our knowledge your data is used by OpenStreetMap solely for the purpose of depicting the feature of the map as well as caching your settings.
The data may include the following:
- your IP address for extraction of your data, the logs-storage works anonymously,
- browser and the type of appliance,
- the operating system you are using,
- the fact that you are using content by OpenStreetMap on this website and
- date and time of your enquiry.
This data is exclusively stored on servers in Germany. We have decided to use OpenStreetMap due to the wish to show an appealing representation of our online service and to simplify the search for the locations we are mentioning on our website. Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO entitles us to use this service.
8. Use of web fonts
External fonts (Google Fonts) may be used on this website. Google Fonts is a service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). These web fonts are embedded via a server request, generally a Google serv-er in the USA. This is used to transmit information on which of our pages you have visited to the server. The IP address of the visitor's browser is also saved by Google. You can find further infor-mation in the data protection notices of Google, which you can find here:
We use Google Fonts in order to provide a consistent and attractive service. This comprises a legiti-mate interest according to Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
9. Rights of persons concerned
You have the right:
- To demand information on your personal data processed by us according to Article 15 of the GDPR. You can, in particular, demand information on the processing purposes, category of personal data, categories of recipients to which your data has been or will be disclosed, in-tended storage duration, existence of a right to amendment, erasure, limitation of pro-cessing or objection, the existence of a right to appeal, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automatic decision-making including profiling and possibly significant information on the details thereof;
- To demand immediate amendment of incorrect or supplementation of your personal data stored by us according to Article 16 of the GDPR;
- To demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us according to Article 17 of the GDPR, as long as its processing is not necessary to exercise freedom of speech and infor-mation, fulfil a statutory obligation, assert, enforce or protect rights or for reasons of public interest.
- To demand restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Article 18 of the GDPR, if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you do not wish to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it to enforce, exercise or protect your rights or you have filed an objection to the processing as per Article 21 of the GDPR;
- To demand to receive the personal data you have provided us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or have it transmitted to another responsible party according to Article 20 of the GDPR;
- To rescind your previously given consent at any time according to Article 7 (3) of the GDPR. This means we are no longer permitted to continue the processing of the data for which this consent was given and
- To complain to a supervisory authority according to Article 77 of the GDPR. You can general-ly contact your local supervisory authority to this end.
10. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interest as per Arti-cle 6 (1) page 1 (f) of the GDPR, you have the right to file an objection to the processing of your per-sonal data as per Article 21 of the GDPR, as long as you have reasons for this that are a result of your extenuating circumstances, or the objection is to direct advertisement. In the case of the latter, you have a general right to object that we will implement without extenuating circumstances.
If you would like to make use of your right to rescind or object, you need only send us an e-mail.
11. Data security SSL process
We use the prevalent SSL (Secure Socket Layer) process in conjunction with the highest encryption your browser supports during your visit to our website. This generally entails 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we resort to 128 bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether a specific page of our site is encrypted by the closed key/lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We usually use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or from unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly being improved according to technolog-ical advances.
12. Existence of automatic decision-making
We do not use any automatic decision-making or profiling.
13. Timeliness and amendment of this privacy statement
This privacy statement is currently valid. With further developments to our website and offers, or due to changes to statutory or official regulations, it may become necessary to amend this privacy statement. You can view the currently valid privacy statement at any time on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are in agreement with any amendments.
If you have any questions pertaining to this directive, please contact us.