Contact point and advice centre for refugee women who are travelling alone or are single parents
Many of the refugee women living in Germany are traumatised and disorientated by what they have experienced in their home countries or during their journeys.
As a result, they are at first overwhelmed by the challenge of finding their way, alone and in a foreign culture.
And so we have put together a support programme aimed specifically at this group.
Since 01.09.2016 the Frauen helfen Frauen association has run a contact point and advice centre for refugee women who are travelling alone or are single parents.
Our counsellors have experience in refugee aid and themselves have a migration background. That gives them knowledge of Arabic, Morrocan, Albanian and English languages.
We offer the following:
- Help and accompaniment when dealing with authorities
- Help and support with applying for benefits
- Teaching everyday skills (finance, contracts, etc.)
- Help with integration into the social environment
- Encouragement with making social contact
- Development of a perspective for the future
- Information on available assistance
- Capacity building
- takes place in our offices or in refugee housing
- can include child care
- costs nothing
contact and office hours
Bensberger Str. 175 a
51469 Bergisch Gladbach
Tel +49 (0)2202-251 82 81
Mobile +49 (0)1573-070 51 69
Fixed office hours Mondays and Tuesday from 09.00 to 14.00
and Thursdays and Fridays by appointment